Buying that beautiful upholstery was never so cheap! You literally had to be strict enough to keep food, kids, pets and anything that degrades it to keep it all shiny and good as new. Unfortunately, stains, spills, accidents and wear and tear happen anyhow.
To make sure it still looks as good as new, you have to keep cleaning your furniture from time to time. Therefore, You definitely have to ensure to keep its beauty intact. It’s not cheap either to get it cleaned by professional help a lot of times. Worry not! So, the next thing you’re going to read about is the best homemade solutions for your upholstery cleaning.
Three Major Varieties of Upholstery
- Polyester upholstery furniture
- Fabric upholstery furniture
- Leather upholstery furniture
Best Homemade Cleaner for Polyester upholstery
- Required ingredients: Baking soda, White vinegar, Detergent and Warm Water.
- Mix 2 cups of warm water, 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon liquid detergent in a big bowl.
- Therefore, Use a clean cloth and wet it in the solution.
- Start cleaning the furniture gently. Make sure you have just the right amount of cleanser in your cloth, not too much, not too less.
- Also, use a clean damp sponge to get the solution off the surface.
- For the leftover tough stains, make a paste of baking soda and water and rub gently on the stain. Therefore, Use the sponge to clean it again.
- Leave it for drying.
Best Homemade Cleaner for Fabric upholstery
- Also Required ingredients: White Vinegar, Water, Liquid detergent, Rubbing alcohol and a brush.
- Use a brush to scrape out any dry waste or spills from the upholstery.
- Mix 1 cup water, half a cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol and half a tablespoon of liquid detergent. So, pour it in a spray bottle,
- Spray the mixture on the surface, let it sit for a few minutes.
- Take a soft clean cloth and start scrubbing on the surface till the stains vanish, if any.
- Now, blot out the solution with a wet towel and leave the furniture under the fan to dry.
Best Homemade Cleaner for Leather upholstery
- Ingredients Required: Olive oil and White vinegar
- Add half a cup of olive oil and one-fourth cup of white vinegar to make a solution. Pour it into a spray bottle.
- Make sure you shake the bottle before every spray so that the ingredients get mixed.
- Do it in shifts and in small areas, continue to wipe after spraying over small areas.
- Also, polish the area with a clean cloth and your leather furniture is back to being clean again!
The best thing you can also do to your furniture before cleaning it with a homemade cleanser is to use a vacuum cleaner on it. This will take off all the extra dust and crumbs of waste from the furniture. So, upholstery cleaning is surely an easy task if you know the right ways and if you are patient! If you want to hire Expert Couch Cleaning Services in Canberra to save your time & upholstery from any damages you can contact us today. We provide a free estimate with our 24/7 customer care services to our customer’s convenience.