Fungal infestation is common in our homes. Presence of moisture and water may cause a common fungus called the mould to grow and it’s very common on couches and upholstery. This black layer of mildew is dangerous for our health and can decrease the life of your upholstery and couches. Proper precautions and measures must be taken to take care of mould infestation on your upholstery. There are many home remedies for mould removal from the couch which can help you in saving time and money.
Follow The Given Below Simple Steps For Couch Mould Removal At Home:
- Alcohol can be used to treat the fungus called mould.
- Simply just pour some amount of rubbing alcohol on your couches and start brushing.
- Don’t forget to wear gloves.
- For mild mould, add water and detergent to the alcohol and use it to clean the fabric.
- Keep your couches in sunlight for a while and make sure the place is dry.
- You’ll notice that sunlight will prevent the growth of mould and help in drying off the fabric naturally.
White Vinegar And Baking Soda
- White vinegar is antifungal. Use white vinegar with water and put it into an empty bottle.
- Spray it all over the black mould on your upholstery.
- You can also make a paste of water and soda and apply it over the mould.
- Baking soda is antibacterial which can stop the growth of germs and kill all other pathogens.
- Dry the upholstery naturally in sunlight for a while and remember that the place should be dry.
Natural Anti Fungal Oils
- Many natural oils can be used to prevent the growth of moulds in your upholstery.
- You can not use them for couch mould removal but regular use of these oils can actually stop any kind of mould infestation.
- To control mould growth try Tea tree oil, clove oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil and grapefruit extract can be used.
- Add a few drops of these oils and extracts in an empty spray bottle and mix some water.
- These oils not only prevent mould but also deodorize and sanitize your couches so use this solution to spray on your couches and upholstery daily.
- Leaving behind a beautiful aroma and fresh looking look as new.
My Home Couch Cleaners professionals work in the field of upholstery cleaning and couch mould removal. Our professional upholstery cleaning services assure you a 100% guaranteed job and if any damage was done by mould we’ll help remove it by using nature-friendly products. By sanitizing your upholstery it can protect it from future attacks of mould. For more information on the couch cleaning service book your booking today and feel free to call us.